Saturday, March 15, 2014

March Madness

It's a funny thing about New Years resolutions, you get all excited about them and then two and half months go by and you remember you actually made a New Years resolution. I have obviously already failed at one of my New Years resolutions, so let's not even get into my other ones. Not to make excuses but we have not had a lot going on here, just a lot of snow, school and work! So I am back in blogging action to update you on what is going on up here.

For President's day weekend I got to head back to Texas for Meredith's baby shower. It was so much fun! I got to spend a few days in Beaumont with Meredith and Cade before we headed to Boerne for the shower. I spent most of my days playing fetch with Dexter and it was wonderful! I can not wait to throw the ball all day this summer. The shower was so wonderful, and it was fun to see all of the little baby stuff. Meredith is the cutest little pregnant lady! This is such an exciting time for our family, this is the first baby of the granddaughters! I don't know if Channing will be able to handle all of the  smocked dresses, monogrammed clothes, love, hugs, and kisses that are headed her way!

I also got to go by Oak Hills to see some of my favorite people, it had been way too long! I loved being home, not only did I get to see family, friends, and Sallie, I got to eat Mexican food, and even a hamburger from Alamo Springs. Is it sad that my life revolves around my meals? Oh well!

For Christmas, Veronica gave us tickets to go watch Baylor play West Virginia in Morgantown. The drive to Morgantown was only three hours and was beautiful! Morgantown was a very interesting place, but it was fun to see West Virginia's campus. We parked right next to the arena, and one of the trees on the walk had a sweater on, it was covered in yarn. It was so cool!
The game was really fun, and all of the fans were super nice! When we were walking around the arena a lot of the fans asked if we drove all the way from Texas, and we told them no we are not that good of fans. Thanks Veronica for the tickets it was so fun to watch the bears win all the way up here!
As I said before, we have had a lot of snow and a crazy winter! The last snow was so bad that my center closed for the day, and Ryan did not have school so we got to stay in and watch movies! We even ventured out in the cold for a minute so I could build a snowman, it was a lot harder task than people make it look. I think there are special gloves to make a snowman because I could not make it work, so instead we found snow balls that were made by the snow plow. We stacked them to build our special baby snowman on a bench!
He is small and looked a little evil, but we loved him all the same. The snow is fun for just a minute and then you throw snowballs and you get wet and it is not fun anymore.

Last weekend was absolutely beautiful, it was in the mid -sixties, so we went on an adventure. We walked over to Teddy Roosevelt National Park and wandered around there for most of the afternoon. It was so nice to be outside in the sunshine and not have to be bundled up!  Then we got ready for our little spring breakers to come! Klare and Colton headed here Monday night to spend their spring break with us. It was so much fun to have them here and get to show them DC. We did a lot of walking around to all the monuments, the White House, the zoo, Georgetown, and all of the museums. We spent our evenings watching Chopped, playing games, and just being goofy. We love when people come to visit. I get to use all my Nancy skills- getting the house ready, making sure everyone is well fed, entertained and cared for while they are in our home, and I love that! And Ryan gets to point out things and tell their history, and share all of the cool things he has learned while being in his program. I think he also liked having a guy here to watch and talk sports with, which was also a relief for me ;).



 Klare trying to "hold up" the Washington monument
 Colty trying to catch a squirrel
 Our National Treasure picture for Nancy
 

The weather was beautiful again today, but the forecast says 4-6 inches of snow again tomorrow... pray that this won't happen. I don't know if I can handle the cold much longer, even though it gives me a great reason to sing "Do You Want To Build a Snowman?" from Frozen. Don't you worry Ryan sings with me, which is just one of the many reasons I love him more every day. I don't know if I love him more for that, that he makes up his own lyrics to the tune of it, or that this morning we sat around and read cookbooks together? His is Smoke and Pickles, it is all about southern comfort food with a Korean twist, and mine is Pioneer Woman's new holiday cookbook. It may seem silly, but it just made me love him more. I can not believe that we have been married for ten months! Time is just flying by and before I know it Ryan will be in Atlanta for his internship and I will be in Beaumont with sweet baby Channing, Meredith, Cade, Dexter and Tootsa.  But for now we will sip our Arnold Palmers, watch the bears win the Big XII tournament and pray the snow does not come!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment